News & Events
EDAB Economic Summit
Explore Property Values, Land Use, Development and Jobs
Wednesday, October 17th – 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Keizer Civic Center
An “Economic Summit” is set to learn more about strong economic forces at work in Marion County. A panel of speakers from the public sector and private sector includes:
- Mayor Lore Christopher, City of Keizer – Welcome
- Van Khieu, Marion County Assessor’s Office – Future property tax revenue
- Jay Gordon, Willamette Valley Multiple Listing Service – Current market trends
- Jim Rue, Oregon Department of Land Conservation and Development – Land use and urban growth boundary issues
- Alan Roodhouse, RPS Development – Challenges faced by developers
- Nick Harville, SEDCOR – Challenges in creating jobs
- Suzanne Dufner, Mid-Willamette Valley Council of Governments – Regional planning and collaboration
- Angie Morris, Travel Salem – Impact of tourism
The Economic Summit is sponsored by Marion County’s Economic Development Advisory Board, a group of 15 volunteers working to improve economic prosperity by growing the county’s employment base and property tax base through new development.
“With persistent economic pressures working against us today, it is vital that we communicate and collaborate. The quality of life we enjoy in our Willamette Valley depends on a strong private sector supported and protected by a strong public sector. My colleagues and I serve on the Economic Development Advisory Board (EDAB) to advance our common interests toward an improved economy and overall livability here in Marion County,” said Bill Cummins, Chair. Mr. Cummins is also the plant engineer and operations manager at Diana Foods in Silverton and serves on the Silverton City Council.
There is no fee. A modest buffet will open at 5:00 pm during the social hour; the program begins at 6:00 pm.
To Register Contact:
Don Russo, Economic Development Manager, Marion County
at (503) 589-3264 or [email]
Registration deadline is October 10.
Bill Cummins, Chair
Economic Development Advisory Board
Plant Engineer and Operations Manager
Diana Foods, Silverton
Return to News and Events -->