Job Description for BR& E manager
Friday, April 14, 2017
Posted by: Kristine Thomas
SEDCOR is looking to hire a Business Retention and Expansion Manager. Please see job description below. Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or to SEDCOR 626 High Street NE, Suite 200, Salem, Oregon 97302 No phone calls please
Business Retention and Expansion Manager
Status: Regular, Full-Time
The Business Retention and Expansion Manager position is responsible for implementing key strategic goals and objectives for serving the needs of existing and startup traded sector businesses within Polk and Yamhill County. The position reports to the President and will work as part of a team on all aspects of Strategic Economic Development Corporation’s (SEDCOR) economic development activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Serve as SEDCOR’s primary point of contact for traded sector businesses within the 2 county region seeking assistance with growth, retention and expansion issues.
· In consultation with the SEDCOR team and key community partners, prepare and implement annual business growth, retention and expansion program, including client visits.
· Attend trade shows to assist local companies as well as supporting statewide recruitment efforts.
· Identify individual and collective issues inhibiting business growth and expansion.
· Work with SEDCOR team and community partners to develop and broker solutions to identified issues.
· Coordinate events to help strengthen traded sector business community including job fairs, economic development summits, bi-monthly economic development meetings and economic development advisory boards.
· Contribute as a team member for SEDCOR activities and projects.
· Work closely with elected officials and representatives of communities within the region.
· Work closely with school districts’ CTE advisory boards within the region.
· Assist school districts’ school-to-business liaisons to develop workforce recruitment and training opportunities.
· Proactively build and strengthen key media relationships (local, regional, trade, national, and international).
· Coordinate program success and implementation throughout region.
· Track meaningful data and trends for business retention efforts. Use appropriate metrics to demonstrate accountability and success.
· Be proactive in staying abreast of current events and issues in the region, nation, and world, as well as in the economic development field.
Requirements and Skills:
· A bachelor’s degree in business management, finance or equivalent combination of education and experience is considered a minimum qualification.
· Familiarity with manufacturing, construction, advanced technology or food processing industry is a plus.
· Demonstrated exceptional communication skills.
· Ability to manage multiple projects and activities in a fast-paced work environment with a series of continuous deadlines.
· Strong service orientation with experience collaborating as part of a multidisciplinary team and working effectively with persons and communities from diverse backgrounds.
· Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
· Adept analytic, problem solving and strategic thinking.